Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Columbia is rising!!!!


I heard about rivers flooding around Washington so I walked down to the Columbia River yesterday. We had two days of rain that melted our 9 days of snow. This is what I found at one spot near downtown. See that old fallen tree trunk? It is usually on the small beach and not in the water. I can usually step out close to the water and photograph Mt. Hood in Oregon. Since it was a blue sky day, I tried to find the mountain but couldn't because of the flood waters and clouds with jsut a speck of blue in that direction. Most of the snow that was clear to the river's edge is also gone.

Now that I finally got one photo uploaded, I will try to catch up on my reading of blogs that I usually visit and hopefully participate in Blog Your Blessings Sunday and Bridges Between Monday also.

6 comments:

Malyss said...

Hi, Paulie!
It's nice to read you again! I read ALL the comments you left on my blog, you must have staid a long time!(and thank you to tell me how to say "merry Christmas" in Hawaïan, it will be useful for the next year!).I hope you'll be able to upload as much as you wish it.Did you understand why it did not work? I'm waiting for your pictures of snow.We also had floods in France, it is something that scares me.
Let's go for this new year of blogging!

Cindi said...

I'd been worried about you paulie. You hadn't posted for well over a week! I'm glad that you're okay.

The river looks really high, based on what you said, but it is a very interesting photo!

dot said...

That's a beautiful clear picture! Glad you were able to get it on blogger.

Love Bears All Things said...

Had you on my mind and was wondering how you were doing. I've been kind of laying off of blogging while I've had Honey bear home.
Blessings on your Sunday,
Mama Bear

SandyCarlson said...

The river looks lovely. As she rises, I hope she stays calm and doesn't go crazy and overflow her banks!

Linda said...

It is a lovely picture - even though there is danger in those rising waters.

About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my blog. I hope you will return often.

I am on my third digital camera, all Olympus. I enjoy using it and sharing my photos. I also enjoy writing. I hope to share a little of each on this blog. My main blog is Postcards From the Northwest.

Kerri and I will continue to add benches to "For the Love of Benches Continued . . . " blog also. It is good to continue to share with her!

Continuation of the Kiggins House Re-model photos were lost when my computer crashed.

The latest city project, TURTLE PLACE, will unfold here as I have time to add photos. It is complete and maybe I can find enough photos someday to show you the final results. Next project after the two I am working on now. . .


Blog Your Blessings Sunday