Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Getting some practice with my new camera. . .



My new camera is another Olympus. It has 20 digital zoom. I could care less how many megapixels it has -- I don't plan to print my photos huge to hang on a wall. The photo guy at camera shop agreed with me. The official name is Olympus SP-565UZ. I am just learning to use it. It costs just over half of what my original digital camera cost me. Love that prices come down even tho the digital zoom goes up. So far I am using auto but one of these days I will branch out and do more including more macro shots. It uses the double AA battteries again so am happy about that as I have lots of spare ones but for my trip with Katney, I bought a couple of sets of new re-chargeables anyway. They came charged. We will be camping in two places at Mt. Rainier. I hope I have mastered it enough to get some wonderful paper memories.

3 comments:

Katney said...

It will be dueling cameras again. Hopefully we can give each other some tips and ideas. And hurray for AA batteries. We keep well stocked but I should charge up the rechargeables. There won't be time enough for everything--we will have to do it again next year. See, I'm already planning ahead. Don't buy marshmallows!

Malyss said...

For me, you seem to be ready! But don't forget to also show us the tall landscapes of your trip!

Chad said...

Great chocie on Olympus SP-565UZ camera... It has great and useful features... Love those pictures!!

About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my blog. I hope you will return often.

I am on my third digital camera, all Olympus. I enjoy using it and sharing my photos. I also enjoy writing. I hope to share a little of each on this blog. My main blog is Postcards From the Northwest.

Kerri and I will continue to add benches to "For the Love of Benches Continued . . . " blog also. It is good to continue to share with her!

Continuation of the Kiggins House Re-model photos were lost when my computer crashed.

The latest city project, TURTLE PLACE, will unfold here as I have time to add photos. It is complete and maybe I can find enough photos someday to show you the final results. Next project after the two I am working on now. . .


Blog Your Blessings Sunday