Monday, August 31, 2009

Waterfalls in the Columbia River Gorge -- part 2

and now this is Multonomah Falls --There are too many photos to put in one more post so I will divide them up into 4 days of posts. Please come back and see more each day. I wish I had had the time to hike to the top but our driver gave us only so long and I didn't know how long it would take me. NOW, I wish I had just gone anyway--we had plenty of time and we got back home two hours earlier than we were expected. I hope maybe I can go again someday with people that like to hike but am grateful that I got to go see this much at least. Part 1:

CLICK on the sign to read information about the falls.
This is a commemorative sign to the Oregon Pioneers who had the foresight to make this site available to everyone instead of just a few. It was a public attraction for all long before it became a part of the national park system.
CLICK for more information. . .
Getting closer with a sneak peek at the falls. . .
and closer . . .
almost there. . .
The sun was very bright!
YOU have arrived! At least, for a first time almost full view.
Close up of the bridge . . .
Full length view of Multonomah Falls from top to bottom or bottom to top!

There is much more to come as I get closer and walk over the bridge and a walk little up the winding path closer to the top. Please drop by again tomorrow for more. This is not the last waterfall either. Ü

7 comments:

Malyss said...

More other benches! But this bridge is sooooo impressive!It must be great to walk over there!I'm sure you can feel the water on your face..

SandyCarlson said...

The magnitude of these falls leaves me in awe.

Rune Eide said...

That bridge looks like something I would have liked to explore a bit closer, not to mention to walk over and use as a place for enjoying the view and taking photos. Thank you for sharing!

PS Thank you for the comment! I think the monastery was destroyed during the reformation. That was NOT a peaceful process, but politics like everything else.

E said...

Your photos really show the size and majesty of these falls!

Katney said...

We have stopped at this one, and I am pretty sure we went up to the bridge, but have not hiked to the top. That would be a good outing some day. (You could be our guide.)

The odd pod was on a tree at the arboretum at the beginning of the month. I have no idea what kind of tree.

EG CameraGirl said...

It's a beautiful waterfall and I agree that it's great that someone had the foresight to realize that many people would enjoy visiting it.

Barb said...

I can almost hear this falls from your photos. Wish I had been there to hike with you!

About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my blog. I hope you will return often.

I am on my third digital camera, all Olympus. I enjoy using it and sharing my photos. I also enjoy writing. I hope to share a little of each on this blog. My main blog is Postcards From the Northwest.

Kerri and I will continue to add benches to "For the Love of Benches Continued . . . " blog also. It is good to continue to share with her!

Continuation of the Kiggins House Re-model photos were lost when my computer crashed.

The latest city project, TURTLE PLACE, will unfold here as I have time to add photos. It is complete and maybe I can find enough photos someday to show you the final results. Next project after the two I am working on now. . .


Blog Your Blessings Sunday