Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Columbia River Gorge

Below, you will find several photos of the view of the Columbia River Gorge taken from the Vista House area. I wish I could have taken some photos from the top floor but it was under repair and forbidden to go upstairs.

The Columbia River Gorge is a spectacular river canyon cutting the only sea-level route through the Cascade Mountain Range.

It's 80 miles long and up to 4,000 feet deep with the north canyon walls in Washington State and the south canyon walls in Oregon State.











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is indeed spectacular and ancient! And those wide skies!

Malyss said...

The view is taking the breath!What a beautyful and impressive place!

PS: a little surprise for you on my blog, today!

cieldequimper said...

I have the feeling I'm looking at the pictures I took last year! Thank you!

SandyCarlson said...

My goodness. What a view. Thanks for taking me to these heights, my friend.

Love Bears All Things said...

Beautiful. Makes one want to sing Praise, sing Praise to the Creator.
Mama Bear

Barb said...

I love the shades of blue in the Gorge.

About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my blog. I hope you will return often.

I am on my third digital camera, all Olympus. I enjoy using it and sharing my photos. I also enjoy writing. I hope to share a little of each on this blog. My main blog is Postcards From the Northwest.

Kerri and I will continue to add benches to "For the Love of Benches Continued . . . " blog also. It is good to continue to share with her!

Continuation of the Kiggins House Re-model photos were lost when my computer crashed.

The latest city project, TURTLE PLACE, will unfold here as I have time to add photos. It is complete and maybe I can find enough photos someday to show you the final results. Next project after the two I am working on now. . .


Blog Your Blessings Sunday