Saturday, May 23, 2009

Blog Your Blessings


f you care to join us acknowledging our blessings go here: Blue Panther

At the park in downtown Vancouver, we have a rose garden that is taken care of by a Rose Society. Each spring, I Iook forward to seeing the roses bloom. . . and they surprised me this weekend with having a few varieties already blooming. They last most of the summer and it is one of my favorite spots to take photos. It doesn't hurt that the Farmer's market is right next to it or that Summer Concerts In the Park are right there on the bandstand too! Ü So, discovering the first roses thee this weekend is definitely my blessing this week!!!!!!!! Here's a few samples for you to enjoy too: (All enlarge if you CLICK on them.)







9 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Those roses are a rich blessing. Thanks for these photos, which spread the joy!

Rune Eide said...

I can very well understand your feeling for those - they are gorgeous!

PS I forgot to mention that the yellow flowers on the pictures were tulips

Malyss said...

Each of those roses are beautyful because they have several colors, from the heart of the flower till the end of the petal. As you say, a real blessing!

Sue said...

The roses are beautiful! A blessing indeed :)

storyteller said...

What LOVELY rich roses you've shared today! Thanks for your visit this morning. I've not yet posted anything at Sacred Ruminations today but plan to Blog my Blessings later. I did participate LAST Sunday but perhaps you missed that one? I do appreciate you dropping by even though I'm irregular in my posts these days. Life's rich ... full ... and BUSY so I create & publish as time permits ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

CyberCelt said...

Gorgeous roses. These are the first I have seen this season. Thanks!

Malyss said...

Paulie, I changed my access to the comments. Please try again.
Have a nice day.

Katney said...

That is quite a variety of early roses. I don't have any blooming yet, but I do have some buds. I don't think there ar any in bloom yet in our city's Rose Garden, either.

EG CameraGirl said...

Beautiful shots of roses. No wonder they are so often considered someone's favoutite flower!

About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my blog. I hope you will return often.

I am on my third digital camera, all Olympus. I enjoy using it and sharing my photos. I also enjoy writing. I hope to share a little of each on this blog. My main blog is Postcards From the Northwest.

Kerri and I will continue to add benches to "For the Love of Benches Continued . . . " blog also. It is good to continue to share with her!

Continuation of the Kiggins House Re-model photos were lost when my computer crashed.

The latest city project, TURTLE PLACE, will unfold here as I have time to add photos. It is complete and maybe I can find enough photos someday to show you the final results. Next project after the two I am working on now. . .


Blog Your Blessings Sunday